Medicare Supplement Plans 2018 is becoming enormous popular due to its incredible benefits. With an appropriate Medicare supplement plan, you can easily pay health care costs of some treatments that any other Medicare insurance plans don’t cover.
Before investing in any Medicare supplement plans, following are some important things you should consider to pick the right insurance for you-
- Buy Medicare Part A and Part B both.
- In case, you have bought Medicare Advantage Plan, you can easily apply for Medigap insurance plan. You should make sure that you leave your Medicare before your Medicap policy starts to reap its benefits to highest standards.
- You need to pay a monthly premium for Medigap policy to a private insurance company. Additionally, you pay the Part B premium along with the monthly premium that you pay to Medicare.
- Medicare policy is for individual buyer. If you and your spouse both want to purchase Medigap coverage, you both have to buy these policies separately.
- Always purchase a Medigap policy from a reliable, prestigious and licensed insurance company.
- Almost all standard Medigap policy is renewable even if you have serious health problems. Your insurance company cannot cancel your Medigap policy as long as you are playing its premium.
- Any Medigap policies sold after January 1, 2006 are prohibited to include any prescription drug coverage. In case, you do not have prescription drug coverage, you can join Medicare Prescription Drug plan.
- It is illegal to sell you a Medigap policy that you have Medicare supplement plans.
Medicare Supplement plans undoubtedly are very good investment. Medigap policies don’t cover long-term care, including vision, dental care, hearing aids, eyeglasses and private-duty nursing.
Before making any further investment into Medigap, you should research well, and understand whether or not turned to be great asset. However, it is worth noticing that Medigap policies generally don’t cover long-term, care, vision, or dental care, hearing aids and more.
Before starting of your Medicare plans, you may want a complement Medigap policy. You might decide to switch a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers prescription drug coverage.